What Are Slip and Fall Injuries and How Can I Recover Compensation for Damages? If you have been injured on someone else’s property, you might have heard of the term slip and fall personal injury cases. What does this really mean? And can you recover compensation for your accident? The easiest way to find out what your options are for your specific case is to contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 for a free legal consultation. Otherwise, keep reading to get the basic facts about these cases.

Determining Who Was Liable in the Slip and Fall

The first step is to determine who was negligent and liable in your case. To do this, we must determine that the dangerous condition caused the accident in which you were injured and the owner or overseer of the party knew about the condition and did not take action, or that they should have known about it and taken action.

We must prove that the condition that caused the accident was dangerous, that the at-fault party should have known it was dangerous (and that it existed), and that they had enough time to either deal with the issue or post warning signs before the accident occurred.

We Must Show That the Dangerous Situation Caused the Accident

In addition to proving that there was a dangerous situation and that the owner or overseer of the property chose not to do anything about it, we must also prove that that issue caused your accident. For example, if you slipped and fell on someone’s property, the fact that there was a hole in their yard would only be relevant if that is what actually caused your fall.

Damages Need to Be Proven

Once we have shown that the accident was caused by an at-fault party, we must show that the accident directly led to damages. We first do this by showing that the injury was caused by the accident and then by showing that you suffered damages as a result of the injury.

The damages you suffer from an injury include economic damages such as lost wages, lost earning potential in the future, property damage, and medical bills, while non-economic damages include pain and suffering. Your personal injury attorney can use bills, invoices, and testimony from expert witnesses to prove your case.

Call Now to Request a Free Legal Consultation

If you believe that you have cause to file a slip and fall accident claim, then we urge you to contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000. We are happy to provide you with a free legal consultation so that you know exactly what to expect from us. Call now, and we can get started right away.