Best Bus Accident Lawyers In California
Personal injury claims involving bus companies can involve high stakes and complicated legal issues. Before speaking with anyone from the bus or insurance companies, you should get expert advice. Your health and financial stability are at stake!
Bus accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker are available to answer your concerns and advise you on the best way to proceed.
We are well-versed in the California statutes that regulate bus accident claims. With decades of legal experience, our lawyers have the knowledge and resources to assist you and your family in fighting for the utmost compensation.
The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker Handles All Types Of Bus Accident Cases
Every bus accident is unique. Numerous causes contribute to these collisions, and victims can sustain a wide range of serious injuries, including brain trauma, shattered bones, soft tissue injuries, internal organ damage, and many more. Our personal injury lawyers handle all types of bus accident situations, including:
- Bus Accidents Involving Public Buses
- Bus Accidents Involving School Buses
- Airport Shuttle Accidents
- Tour Bus Accidents
- Bus Accidents Involving Drowsy and Distracted Drivers
- Bus Accidents Caused by Mechanical Failures
- Bus Accidents Involving Pedestrians
- Bus Accidents Due to Poor Road Conditions
- Bus Accidents Involving Wrongful Death
Causes Behind Bus Accidents
The first stage in resolving your bus accident injury claim is determining what caused your accident and who is liable for the subsequent damages.
While there are several circumstances and conditions that might cause a bus accident, the following are the most common:
- Bus drivers who have worked too many hours are exhausted.
- Errors by bus drivers, such as running red lights, failing to yield right-of-way, and so on.
- Speeding, abrupt lane changes, neglecting to indicate, and other aggressive driving behaviors.
- Driving while distracted.
- Driving while intoxicated.
- Inadequate inspection and maintenance, resulting in mechanical failures.
Bus Accident-Related Injuries
Regarding travel safety, using the bus is usually a somewhat safe option. When bus accidents do occur, they can often result in horrific injuries with long-term consequences.
Some of the injuries that you may have sustained if you were a passenger or driver in a bus accident include:
Passengers or pedestrians are likely to suffer catastrophic broken bone injuries if the collision is strong enough. A fractured bone injury can have several consequences, like being unable to work for an extended period of time or being compelled to pay exorbitant medical bills.
In the aftermath of a catastrophic bus accident, victims’ bodies may be covered in deep scratches or lacerations caused by broken glass or contact with sharp objects, necessitating serious medical treatment. These cuts may potentially leave some persistent scars.
Whiplash is the most prevalent personal injury suffered by bus accident passengers. A bus passenger may have swelling or bruising on their neck due to the quick impact of the crash if the vehicle comes to a complete stop unexpectedly. Whiplash is a serious injury that must be treated as such.
Injury to the Spine
Medical experts are educated in bus accidents to seek spinal cord injury before examining the injury sufferer for other probable grievances. Long-term consequences of spinal cord damage include limited movement or paralysis.
Passengers may hit their heads against the bus seat or another blunt item after a sudden crash. This can result in catastrophic harm, with consequences ranging from traumatic brain injury to cognitive impairment.
If you have been involved in a bus accident, you should seek medical assistance immediately. Contact us directly to speak with an experienced Los Angeles bus accident lawyer.
Who Can Be Sued After a Bus Accident?
Determining guilt in bus accidents is much more complex than collisions involving normal automobiles. Aside from the driver, numerous other parties may be liable for your damages, and many parties may share a degree of the blame.
An expert lawyer at The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker will examine the evidence to decide which parties may be held accountable for your losses.
These parties could include:
- A Bus Company: If the bus company failed to protect the safety of its vehicle, such as by repairing bald tires and maintaining the brakes, and this caused your accident, you can sue the bus company for your damages. Bus firms must also train and oversee its drivers. They may be held accountable if an employee’s negligence causes an accident.
- Tour Bus Drivers: If a passenger is hurt while riding a tour bus as part of a trip package, tour bus operators may be held accountable for damages.
- The Bus Maintenance Firm: If your crash was caused by a mechanical breakdown, the company in charge of maintaining the bus may be liable for your damages if it was contracted as an independent contractor by the bus company.
- A Government Entity: You can file a claim against a government entity if your accident involved a government-owned bus or if a government employee was at fault. If bad road conditions caused the collision, a government entity might also be liable for your damages.
- Bus Drivers: If a bus driver violated a traffic regulation and caused your accident, you may have grounds for a lawsuit against the bus driver; but, in most circumstances, employers are held liable for their employee’s negligence.
- Auto Part Manufacturers: If a defective auto part caused your crash, you might have grounds for a claim against the part’s maker, designer, or distributor.
- Other Drivers: If another driver caused your collision, you could sue that driver for your losses.
- School Boards: If a school bus driver hired by the school board causes an accident, plaintiffs may sue the school board.
What Can a Bus Accident Lawyer From The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker Do to Assist Victims?
Contacting a bus accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident is vital. Insurance companies and other parties on the bus company’s side may try to influence your decision and get you to accept far less compensation than you are entitled to.
Bus accident lawyers can:
- Assist in obtaining compensation for all medical expenditures incurred due to the accident. You should not be forced to pay for something that is not your fault, and we will not allow it. The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker can ensure that you obtain fair compensation for hospital bills, physical therapy expenditures, and other expenses.
- Protect you from large transportation corporations and their insurance. Bus firms will try to undercut you and prevent you from holding them accountable if you are unfamiliar with the legislation. Our legal counsel will assist you in better understanding your personal injury law matter so that you may make educated decisions.
- Hold all responsible parties accountable, and most importantly, get you the justice you deserve. As the leading California bus accident law firm, we understand the intricacies of the law and will use this knowledge to fight for your personal injury case.
Whether you were wounded as a passenger, pedestrian, or driver, you need the help of an expert bus accident lawyer who will know which legal provisions to employ in your specific case. The firm you select could mean the difference between hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars.
Call Now to Schedule Your Free Consultation
To learn more about how a bus accident lawyer can help you, call 800-333-0000 and ask for a free consultation.