Best Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers In California
Ridesharing Accidents and Why Choose The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker
Normally, ride-sharing services like Uber offer a very convenient and user-friendly experience. However, this may change if your Uber driver gets into an accident. You could be left dealing with serious injuries, without much support and guidance from Uber regarding your next steps. If Uber’s insurance doesn’t offer you a settlement—or if that settlement is inadequate to your needs—you may not know where to turn for help.
Fortunately, you can find the caring and knowledgeable representation you need at The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker. Over the past 50 years, we have:
- Represented Over 100,000 Clients
- Secured Over $2 Billion in Compensation
- Maintained a Success Rate of 95%
We know exactly how to handle your Uber passenger accident case. As soon as you retain us, we will immediately begin assisting you. We’ll make sure you see a caring and qualified doctor and offer solutions for handling your medical bills and other expenses while you are out of work.
Uber and Lyft Car Accident: Uber’s Policy and Liability Insurance
- To avoid responsibility for any injuries caused in a crash, Uber designates its drivers as “independent contractors” instead of “workers.” However, commercial liability insurance for passengers is provided for up to $1 million for each ride.
- Uber distinguishes itself from taxi cab businesses by defining itself as a technology provider rather than transportation or automotive service. This distinction enables Uber to shift the blame to its drivers again and makes it more challenging for accident victims to file complaints or claims with Uber.
- Uber is infamous for being difficult to call. By email or social media, victims may get in touch with Uber customer service or one of its partners, but even those methods are notoriously unreliable. Our lawyers have the skills and means to communicate with Uber and its drivers.
- All Transportation TNCs, including Uber, must comply with California law’s standards for insurance coverage. The business now offers $50,000, $100,000, or $25,000 in supplemental coverage in between trips.
- Pedestrians, bikers, and other drivers who sustain injuries are also entitled to significant financial compensation. In addition to Uber’s excess coverage, victims who are not passengers may still be entitled to compensation under the driver’s insurance plan.
Reasons You Need a Skilled Ridesharing Accident Lawyer
To protect their profits, Uber’s insurance provider has the means and power to hire hordes of detectives, specialists, and other experts to oppose your claim. You need a lawyer on your side who can make sure you receive the highest settlement possible for your injuries as an Uber accident victim and who is also a tenacious trial advocate.
The highest possible settlement for a client’s injuries is always our aim. We use cutting edge technology for data collection, litigation management, and legal and medical research. We have highly-trained specialists to manage litigation, medical care, and lien reduction cases.
Ridesharing Liability Problem
Both Uber and Lyft provide enough coverage for injured passengers. However, things become murky when other drivers and pedestrians are involved in an accident. The range has been increased to encompass incidents between rides, but only if the driver’s personal policy does not cover the accident. Many questions arise immediately:
What happens if an accident’s damages surpass the driver’s insurance coverage? What or who fills this insurance void? Is the victim forced to rely on their own resources?
A Difficult Legal Problem
There are substantial difficulties with third-party liability insurance in the ride-sharing market, and many people are aware of this. Legislators from several states, including California, have questioned Uber and Lyft standards, and there will be numerous legal battles in the coming years before clear regulations are set.
Our skilled lawyers at The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker stay current on the newest ride-sharing accident liability law changes.
Contact Our Rideshare Accident Lawyers Now
We recognize that rideshare, Uber, and Lyft accident claims can be extremely perplexing. The acclaimed legal team at The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker understands insurance policies and coverage involved in these situations and can provide the assistance you require to secure the best possible outcome. We are prepared to fight for you whether you need to make a claim with the appropriate parties or have been denied reimbursement for your injuries. Call 800-333-0000 or submit your case online today for a free consultation.