The Three Phone Calls You Must Make After a Car Accident

It is hard to know what to do after a car accident. You might be in pain. You will likely be in shock. The good news is that there are just three phone calls you need to make to ensure that you are taking the right steps to move forward. Read on to learn what they are or just contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 to request a free legal consultation with a personal injury attorney today.

  1. Call for Emergency Help
  2. If anyone has been injured then you should call 9-1-1. This will bring both police and ambulance services to the scene. Anyone with an injury should be seen by the EMTs. Even if you do not believe that your injuries are serious, it is still important to get medical for two reasons: First, you might be in shock and unaware of the extent of your injuries, and two getting immediate medical care establishes proof of your injury.

  3. Call a Personal Injury Attorney
  4. You might think that the second call you should make is to your attorney. This is false. Remember that the insurance company has very different goals than you do. They want to pay as little as possible on every claim they pay. Once you talk to an insurance company, they are going to ask you questions about the accident. If you are in a stressed state, or in shock, you might make minor misstatements or mistakes in answering these questions. They could use that against you in the future in an attempt to disprove your claim.

    This is why we recommend that you instead call a personal injury attorney. When you call The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000, we can take stock of the situation and determine the next steps. We can help you determine what evidence to obtain, how to get the medical care you need, and other details that are difficult to follow at the scene of an accident.

  5. Instruct Your Attorney to Call Your Insurance Agent
  6. In most cases, your personal injury attorney is going to recommend that you allow them to contact the insurance company. Even if someone else was at fault, your insurance company still needs to be notified. Allowing your attorney to handle this for you assures that your legal rights are respected.

If you have been involved in a car accident, the sooner you contact an attorney the better. That said, you have two years to file a personal injury case (in most situations). If it has been less than two years then it is worth talking to The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker. Call us now at 800-333-0000 for a free legal consultation.