Read Answers to Commonly Asked Questions about Slip and Fall Accidents in California

If you have been injured while on the property of someone else, you likely have questions about this type of personal injury case. At The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker we are happy to answer your questions when you call us at 800-333-0000 for a free legal consultation. You can also keep reading to get answers to some of the most common questions we are asked.

What is the Most Common Type of Premise Accident Injury?

A slip and fall accident is actually a particular type of premise accident injury, and is in fact the most common. They can result in broken bones, brain injuries, and even traumatic brain injuries. A person can slip and fall for many different reasons too, such as a wet floor that does not have a sign, an unmarked curb, poor lighting, or an unsafe stairway.

What Are My Compensation Options if a Slip and Fall accident?

It depends on your damages. You can request compensation for all damages, which might include your past and future medical bills, pain and suffering, transportation costs associated to the accident, loss of consortium, lost wages, lost future earning power, the cost of any mobility aids (i.e. a wheelchair), and the cost of necessary modifications to your among, among other damages.

Can I Sue My Workplace for a Slip and Fall Accident?

It depends. If you were at work and on the clock, then workers’ compensation might be your better option. Why? Because you do not have to prove fault. The fact that you were injured while at work is enough to qualify. That said, you cannot get the same level of coverage from workers compensation that you would if you sued the company directly. Your personal injury attorney can help you find the best way forward.

How Does Comparative Negligence Affect My Case?

In some states, only one party can be found at fault for an accident. This is not the case in California. Comparative fault means that each at-fault party is responsible for damages equal to their percentage of fault. For example, if you are 25% at fault for your accident but someone else is 75% at fault, then you are able to sue them for 75% of your damages.

I Have Received a Settlement Offer for My Slip and Fall Accident – Is it Fair?

We need a lot more information to answer that accurately. We need the specifics of your situation, the amount of evidence you have, your injuries, and much more. If you believe you might have a case then we recommend you contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker now at 800-333-0000 to request a free legal consultation.