Boating Accident Lawyers In California
Boating is a fantastic way to enjoy the outdoors, whether on the lake, the river, or the ocean. Unfortunately, if you run into dangers on the water, a fun day of fishing, jet skiing, rafting, or other boating activities can rapidly become a nightmare. Boating mishaps are more likely to occur in crowded places where you might run into unmarked shallows, powerful waves, wakes, and currents, as well as other boats and watercraft whose drivers might be intoxicated or untrained.
Accidents involving boats can result in severe injuries that need immediate attention. A wide range of reasons can cause boat accidents, but the majority are caused by careless and dangerous actions, including drunken boating, speeding, and distraction. The California boat accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker help those who have been hurt while boating fight for the money they need to pay for medical care, lost earnings and other losses.
We have the top boating accident lawyers in California for anyone seeking tenacious and knowledgeable legal counsel in their case. Our experienced lawyers have successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for injured clients.
Our law firm’s boating accident lawyers can deal with the insurance firms and adjusters on your behalf, so you may concentrate on getting better. In the meantime, your personal injury lawyer will relentlessly pursue the highest compensation for your maritime accident case.
Boating Accidents Can Happen In The Blink Of An Eye
According to the US Coast Guard, the main contributor to boating accidents is inappropriate vessel operation, including speeding and intoxicated driving. You are entitled to compensation if you have suffered harm due to another boater’s careless, negligent, or drunken behavior or faulty boat equipment. You can obtain a settlement with the assistance of The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker
We can help you with every step of pursuing your claim as your boating accident lawyer, including:
- Collecting evidence to show who was at fault for the accident.
- Finding doctors who are sympathetic and caring.
- Protecting your rights and interests while dealing with insurance firms.
- Settling your medical debt.
- Preventing financial hardship while unemployed, recovering full and just compensation.
Different Cases Our Boat Accident Lawyers Deal With:
California has some of the most serious boating accidents in the nation, as it is a year-round pastime. Each year, boating accidents claim the lives of dozens of individuals while injuring hundreds more. Victims and their families are often left wondering how they will pay for the medical costs and income loss.
The California boating accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker know the trauma a major collision may cause. We are committed to assisting our clients in obtaining the most compensation as soon as possible.
Among the situations involving watercraft accidents that our lawyers handle are:
- Accidents on Boats Caused by Alcohol: Drunk driving is a major factor in boating accidents nationwide, and California is no exception. To assess whether alcohol impairment may have contributed to your crash, our lawyers will examine toxicology data, crash reports, and speak with witnesses. If so, we can assist you in seeking punitive damages in addition to financial compensation for your other losses, both economic and non-economic.
- Accidents on Boats Brought on by Speeding: Excessive speeding not only makes a boat more difficult to handle but also raises the possibility of damage or death in the event of a collision. Our lawyers will look into your case and might hire accident reconstruction specialists to show that speeding was a factor in your collision.
- Boating Mishaps Caused by Equipment Defects: A part built or designed improperly could cause an equipment malfunction. Our boating accident lawyers could examine schematics and blueprints, consult with experts in boat parts, and determine all possibly responsible parties if a defective part was a factor in your accident.
- Ejection Injuries can include shattered bones, a dislocated shoulder, soft tissue damage, and brain trauma when a person is ejected from a boat at a high rate of speed.
- Propeller-Related Injuries: Coming into contact with a propeller can result in severe cuts that may require amputation. The majority of these accidents are brought on by careless boating.
- Breach of Boating Laws: The state of California has tight rules governing who can operate a watercraft, where it can be operated, and how it must be operated. In addition to being against the law, breaking these laws could cause serious injury.
- Other Boating Accidents: You might be able to file a claim even if the negligent party did not breach the law. Our California boating accident lawyers handle wrongful death and personal injury claims involving novice boaters, lousy weather, and other dangers. All sorts of watercraft, including cabin cruisers, yachts, tenders, PWCs (wave runners and jet skis), inflatable boats, sailboats, kayaks, canoes, and airboats, are included in the cases we handle.
Do All Boating Accidents In California Have To Be Reported?
You might be shocked that not all boating mishaps need to be reported. Federal laws in the United States mandate that a boat operator report a boating accident in the following circumstances:
- Following a person’s passing.
- Following a patient’s injury that needs more advanced medical care than first aid.
- Over $2,000 in damage to the boat or other watercraft.
The boat operator should report any of the following as soon as possible, ideally in the area where the accident occurred. Call a boat accident lawyer at The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker to discuss your boat accident claim after speaking with emergency services and medical professionals and filing an accident report.
Injuries Resulting From Boat Accidents
Victims of water sports accidents run the danger of suffering multiple serious wounds. The most likely parts of a victim in a boating accident to sustain injuries are their heads, legs, and arms.
Boating mishaps can cause serious physical harm like:
- Harm to the Brain From Trauma
- Spinal Cord Damage
- Bones Fractures
You can rely on our Los Angeles boating accident lawyers to assist you with your personal injury claim since we have experience with cases involving the most severe injuries.
What Should You Do Immediately After A Boating Accident?
Following a collision, a Los Angeles boating accident lawyer advises the following actions:
- Get yourself and others involved medical attention. While you wait for help from the Coast Guard or other emergency personnel, use any first aid supplies you may have.
- Unless it is indispensable, don’t jump ship to assist anyone else. Make sure you have a safe method to get back to your boat.
- File a report. A watercraft accident report could benefit your personal injury case down the line.
- Avoid admission of guilt or blame because doing so could result in you being sued or having your injury claim denied.
- Collect information regarding the boat accident, such as pictures of the scene, witness statements, contact details, and insurance provider names. Keep track of the location of the collision, any visible injuries, and any property damage.
How Soon Should I Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer After My Boating Accident?
A boating accident lawyer should be contacted immediately after a collision. Call 800-333-0000 to speak with an evaluator at The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker
Within days of your crash, crucial evidence that can be utilized to demonstrate fault and damage may disappear. An immediate inquiry into what caused the accident is important. We will compile a list of all parties who might be held accountable, deal with communications with the defense and insurance provider, determine your losses, and fight for you while you focus on recovery.
Additionally, there are strict time limits for filing wrongful death and personal injury claims. If the deadline passes, your case will almost certainly be dismissed. It is essential to contact a boat accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident.
Why Choose The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker To Represent You In Your Boating Accident Case?
Known for our success and reputation, The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker will fight for you. For 50 years, we have defended over 100,000 clients and have a 95% success rate. You can rely on our knowledgeable lawyers for aggressive representation that upholds your rights and interests at every turn, whether your case can be settled to your satisfaction through negotiations with the insurance companies of the liable parties or it must be brought before a judge and jury.
Since we don’t charge any legal fees unless we obtain compensation for you, our services are easily affordable for everyone. When the case settles, we will charge you a portion of your settlement as our fee.
Get in touch with our boating accident law firm today to learn how we can assist you!
Without the assistance of a personal injury lawyer, the road to fair compensation is paved with numerous legal obstacles that can be challenging to get over. Throughout California, victims of wrongful death and personal injury receive vigorous legal assistance from the lawyers at The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker.
We are knowledgeable in the regulations that apply to claims involving boating accidents, and we will use our vast experience and network of contacts to support your battle for the maximum possible settlement. Call us now at 800-333-0000 for a free case evaluation right over the phone.