Learn What Your Options Are if You Are Involved in an Accident with a Piece of Farm Equipment

Farmers use heavy, expensive machinery to ensure that their farms are as efficient as possible. From tractors to bailers, from trucks to seeders, these types of machinery can be dangerous – especially when they are driven on the road along with other vehicles. Learn what your options are if you are injured or your property is damaged by farm machinery. Then contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 to request a free legal consultation.

Several Types of Farm Equipment Accidents Can Happen on Roads

There a number of types of farm equipment accidents you could be involved in. First, your vehicle may collide with the farm equipment if you are trying to pass the equipment. Second, you may be involved in an accident that was caused by a tractor rolling over. This most commonly happens when a tractor is driving near a steep slope, is on the edge of the road, or is turning. Finally, injuries – and even fatal injuries – can happen when something flies off of farm equipment.

Who is Responsible for Farm Equipment Accidents?

If your injury was caused by farm equipment then you may be able to recover compensation for your lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, property damage, and more. However, you must first be able to prove that the operator of the equipment was at fault for the accident. Your attorney can help do this.

If the operator of the equipment is not at fault, then there could be other parties to hold accountable. For example, if the accident was caused by the equipment malfunctioning then the manufacturer of the equipment may be at fault. If the accident was the result of faulty mechanical work or maintenance, then the farmer’s mechanic may be at fault.

What to Do if You Are Involved in an Accident with Farm Equipment

The steps you should take will be similar to the steps you would take if you were involved in a car accident. Gather evidence, get contact information for all involved parties, get medical care, and do not admit fault. If the injury or damage was due to something falling off of the equipment, stop, get a license plate number, and take pictures. If possible, alert the driver and discuss the situation with them. If not, contact the police with the license plate number.

Contact an Attorney Who Can Help You with Your Case

The final step is to contact a personal injury attorney and find out what your options are. You can find an experienced lawyer by contacting The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000. We will go over your case, discuss your options, and ensure that you have the necessary information to make the most informed decision.