Learn What You Should Do if You Are Injured by a Car While Walking Down the StreetCar accidents are unfortunately a part of most people’s daily lives in the United States. Pedestrian accidents occur far more frequently than most people think. Many people are unsure what to do in the event of a major accident.

After a pedestrian collision, a person is likely to be shocked and disoriented, as is the case with any accident. As a result, knowing what to do if you find yourself in this situation is critical. Read on to learn what you should do, and if you need a free legal consultation, call The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000.

Immediately call the police

In such instances, it is obvious that the police should be summoned. If someone gets a head injury, for example, it is probable that everyone in the vicinity will dial 9-1-1. Many people, however, are unsure whether or not to notify the police in circumstances when minor injuries have occurred.

If you’re not sure, call the police, says The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker. Even if the driver has abandoned the vehicle. Even if you believe your injuries are minor. If you need to pursue legal alternatives in the future, a police record may come in handy.

As soon as possible, see a doctor or go to the nearest emergency department

We highly advise you to consult a doctor even if you believe your injuries are mild. You’ve been struck by a vehicle, remember! It’s conceivable that you’ve had a head injury, have internal bleeding, or have other concerns that only a specialist can detect. When someone is in shock, as is common after an accident, they may have an adrenaline rush, which can mask their discomfort. Follow your doctor’s directions and continue to receive the treatment that they recommend.

Obtain as much proof as you are able to without endangering yourself

Taking photographs at the accident scene is a nice idea – but only if it is safe. If you’ve been hurt, see a doctor right away. Take photographs of the automobile, the scene, and anything else that could be of interest if it’s feasible. After that, jot down all you recall about the accident. Don’t think you’ll recall the specifics because people’s memories fade rapidly.

Retain the services of an experienced personal injury lawyer

When you’re safe, have gathered as much proof as possible, and have visited a doctor, it’s time to call a personal injury lawyer. To schedule a free legal consultation, call The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000. The rest is our responsibility.