Learn About Your Options When You Suffer Injury or Property Damage Due to Road Debris

A normal drive can turn into a serious issue when you come across a piece of debris on the road. Whether it’s a cardboard box, a truck tire, or any other type of debris, it can be very hazardous and result in a serious car accident. When this happens, who is responsible for the injuries and damage? Keep reading to get more information and then contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 for your free legal consultation.

There Are Several Potential Ways to Get Compensation for Your Injuries and / or Damages

While many people may assume that there is no much that can be done if they encounter debris on the road, this could not be further from the truth. In fact, there are many different types of insurance that may be applicable. The type of insurance that will cover any particular situation will depend on the specifics of that situation. The best person to give you a direct answer about your specific case is a personal injury attorney.

Collision or Comprehensive Coverage May Cover the Damages

If you drive over the debris and your vehicles is damaged, but you do not know who is responsible for the debris, then the collision coverage included in your car insurance policy may cover you. If you do not have collision coverage then you may need to use a different type of coverage listed below.

One option is comprehensive coverage, which may be covered by your homeowner’s coverage in the event your car was parked on your property when it was hit. This would involve a situation in which debris was flying through the air, such as a weather event.

Liability Insurance May Cover It

If you are able to prove that the damage to your vehicle, or injuries you or passengers experienced, are the result of another party acting negligently, then their liability insurance may cover it. For example, if a commercial trucking operation did not secure their cargo, if parts flew off of another vehicle, or if a driver or passenger threw something out their window.

Your Own Uninsured Motorist Coverage May Cover It

Uninsured motorist coverage is not required by law in California but many drivers have it. If you are one of them, then your uninsured motorist coverage (also known as UIM coverage) may cover the cost of damages. This would be the case if the responsible car did not stop but instead kept driving.

If you are not sure if the damage to your vehicle is covered by your insurance or someone else’s insurance, contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 to request your free legal consultation. We will carefully consider all your options and help you decide on the right way forward.