Most car accident attorneys in California offer a free consultation to potential clients, but at The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker we have found that many people are not sure how to best take advantage of this consultation. Keep reading to learn some of the things you should cover. If you are ready to request a consultation of your own, contact us at 800-333-0000 for a free legal consultation.
Ask their opinion about your case
An first consultation’s primary objective is to assess whether you have a case and, if so, how much it could be worth. Attorneys should be able to swiftly analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your claim once they receive the facts. They should also be able to offer you an estimate of how much you may collect in court or via a settlement.
This can involve asking questions such as:
- What types of losses am I entitled to?
- What do you believe my case is worth, and are there any damage limitations in place in California?
- How long do you anticipate my automobile accident lawsuit will take to resolve?
- What do you consider to be the most significant challenge?
Ask about the attorney’s background
Although no attorney can guarantee a case’s result, their previous achievements can give you confidence in their ability to manage yours. Most lawyers have information on their websites regarding previous settlements and verdicts, and they should be willing to answer any questions you have about their success record, case history, or overall approach to defending clients. Here are a few questions to ask.
- How many of your car accident cases are settled before the case goes to trial?
- How many cases does your business presently handle, and what percentage of those cases are vehicle accidents?
Learn about the workplace culture
Attorneys’ strategies and work styles differ. Some rely on a team of paralegals and support personnel to offer one-on-one counsel. Some feel that out-of-court settlements save time and money, while aggressive litigators may take most of their cases to court. Determine which characteristics are most essential to you, and then ask questions to determine if their style is a suitable fit for your requirements.
- Will you respect my preferences if we can’t agree on a settlement offer?
- Will I primarily contact with my attorney or a paralegal if I choose your firm?
- What are the firm’s resources for handling my case?
- How much do you anticipate clients to contribute?
- Will I be updated on a regular basis?
By asking these and other questions, you will get a much better idea of whether or not you have found the best car accident attorney for your case. Contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker now at 800-333-0000 to request a free legal consultation.