Brain injuries are some of the most severe injuries that people can suffer in an accident. If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury because of the intentional or negligent conduct of another party, you may be entitled to damages.
The precise value of these damages can vary widely depending on factors including the type of injury, severity of the initial injury, severity of any permanent symptoms, and the skill and tenaciousness of your attorney. To request a free legal consultation and determine what you might be able to expect with your case, contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000.
Types of brain injuries
Brain injuries can range in severity from a mild concussion to permanent brain damage. Some of the most common types of brain injuries include:
- Concussions. A concussion may happen when there is a violent shock to the brain. In many cases, a person who is suffering from a concussion may lose consciousness.
- Brain contusions. This type of injury can bruise a person’s brain.
- Coup contrecoup injuries. If you or a loved one is struck in the head with an object, a coup occurs at the site of the strike, while the contrecoup could occur on the opposite side of the brain. This could lead to a bruising of the brain.
- Penetrating brain injuries. This type of injury occurs when an object punctures the brain. It’s possible for skull fragments to cause penetrating brain injuries.
- Second-impact injuries. These occur when a person suffers a second concussion in a very short period of time after suffering a first concussion.
In general, you can expect to receive a higher amount of compensation for more serious injuries.
Remember, your compensation is not only based on the cost of your medical treatment, but also on the impact the injury has had on your life and will have on your future. For this reason, traumatic brain injuries requiring painful treatment, a long recovery time, and/or permanent or lingering symptoms may be awarded significant compensation in jury trials.
Why you need an attorney for a traumatic brain injury case
Jury verdicts can vary greatly, and every traumatic brain injury claim must be evaluated independently. When you choose The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker as your traumatic brain injury attorney, you can rest assured we will fight aggressively for you. We will work with a team of medical experts to build a strong case for liability for you or your loved one. Contact us today for a free consultation.