General Mills Inc. has announced a recall regarding three flavors of their Betty Crocker cake mix due to E.coli concerns. Escherichia coli, also known as E.coli, are bacteria found in the environment, intestines of people and animals, as well as food (CDC). Although most strains of E.coli are harmless, others can make you sick.
The following items are part on recall:
- Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Party Rainbow Chip Cake Mix: Recalled Better if Used by Dates 25MAR2017, 28MAR2017, 27APR2017, 28APR2017, 23MAY2017, 24MAY2017, 25MAY2017
- Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Carrot Cake Mix: Recalled Better if Used by Dates 12APR2017, 13APR2017, 14APR2017, 28MAY2017, 29MAY2017, 30MAY2017, 07JUL2017, 08JUL2017
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Rainbow Bit Cake Mix: Recalled Better if Used by Dates 27AL2017, 08JN2017, 09JN2017
Although no illnesses have been reported, consumers are advised not to eat the raw cake mixes and to throw the recalled products away immediately.
General Mills and health officials are also currently investigating a variety of flour-related E.coli outbreaks including:
- 8 SKUs (stock keeping units or UPC codes) of Gold Medal Flour
- 3 SKUs of Signature Kitchens Flour
- 1 SKU of Gold Medal Wondra Flour
For more information, visit the General Mills website.
Product recalls for foods contaminated by E.coli always make the news, and for good reason. Some kinds of E. coli can cause diarrhea, urinary tract infections, respiratory illness, pneumonia, and other types of illnesses. If you or a loved one has suffered an illness due to E.coli poisoning, you may be entitled to compensation.
The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker is part of a nationally recognized team of product liability attorneys. Our team has the knowledge and skills to handle your product liability case successfully. To schedule a confidential and free consultation with no obligation, contact us via email using our case submission form or by phone at (800) 333-0000.
The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker accepts product liability cases throughout the United States, with offices in Long Beach, Los Angeles, Riverside, Bakersfield, and Fresno, California and Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona. Tough times call for tough lawyers. We’ll fight for you!®