Do You Know What to Do with Medical Bills While Your Personal Injury Case is Pending?

If you have been injured in an accident then it is likely you are going to have to deal with medical bills at some point. If the accident was the fault of another person and you have a personal injury case pending, then you may wonder what to do with those bills. Should you pay them? The answer depends on a number of factors. Today we have provided some common situations and how to handle them. If you want advice on your specific case then we recommend calling The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 for a free legal consultation.

What to Do if You Have Health Insurance

In the event that you have health insurance, use it when you see your healthcare providers for everything related to your personal injury case. If you have a provider bill you directly, submit the claim to your health insurance company to be paid. If you win your case, your health insurance provider may receive payment for the bills they’ve made related to your case.

What to Do if You Do Not Have Health Insurance of Your Insurance Doesn’t Cover Everything

In the event you either do not have health insurance at all, or you do and it does not cover all costs associated with your injury, then those bills can be paid out of the settlement of your case. Keep a file with the bills or, better yet, give them to your personal injury attorney. Depending on the specifics of your case, your healthcare providers may agree to wait for payment until your case is settled.

What to Do If You Have Med-Pay on Your Car Insurance Policy

In the event you have medical payments coverage (better known as med-pay) on your car insurance policy, it generally pays for covered medical costs right away. Note that med-pay apply to more than just car accidents. In some cases, it may apply if you were a pedestrian or even riding your bike at the time of the accident.

What to Do if You Have No Coverage and Cannot Pay Your Medical Bills

If you do not have health insurance, you do not have med-pay, and you do not have the resources to pay your medical bills as they come in, it is especially important that you are working with a personal injury attorney. If you are working with The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker, we will contact your medical providers directly in an effort to work out a lien or payment plan.

Once your case is over, we will negotiate your bills to try and get them as discounted as possible. Once we have reduced your bills as much as we can, we will pay the remaining balances out of your settlement. This leaves you with nothing to worry about as you heal other than getting better. If you want to find out more about hiring an attorney, contact us at 800-333-0000 right away.