Accidents with Big Rigs are Almost Always Serious: Learn What to Do if You Are Involved in One The sad truth about accidents with big rig trucks is that they are almost never minor accidents. Instead, it is often the case that serious injuries or even death are involved. If you have been involved in an accident with a big rig, or your loved one has been killed in a big rig accident, then we welcome your call to The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000. We are standing by to provide a free legal consultation. Otherwise, you can read on to learn the steps to take after this type of accident.

Be Clear and Concise with Police Officers and Paramedics

It is likely that the police will be called to the scene of the accident. When the police and paramedics come to the scene, you should be clear and concise about the accident. You should answer all their questions about your pain levels, injuries, and the specifics of the accident. However, when you are talking to other drivers or witnesses who are involved, do not discuss the specifics of the case. This could end up working against you in the future.

Get Immediate Medical Care

If you have suffered life-threatening or otherwise serious injuries, then you should be treated in the ambulance and taken to the hospital. Even if you have suffered just minor injuries such as a sprained ankle, you sold still seek medical attention. This will be important not just for your recovery from your injury but to ensure that you are afforded a fair settlement or grounds for a lawsuit if necessary. Delaying medical care – or refusing it altogether – could significantly reduce your ability to win a personal injury suit.

Follow Up as Your Doctor Instructs

If your doctor provides a treatment plan then it is essential that you follow it. This includes attending any suggest physical therapy appointments and follow up visits with your doctor. Once again, if you do not follow your doctor’s treatment plan, you are risking two things. First, that you will not heal as well as you would if you were to follow your doctor’s instructions.

Second, that you will be ineligible for damage compensation due to a lack of medical care. The insurance adjuster who will be assessing your case could argue either that your long-term medical costs should not be covered because they would be less if you had gotten medical care, or that your injury must be as serious as you say if you did not complete all recommend medical care.

Call an Experienced Attorney

Working with the right attorney is the best way to ensure that you are get fair representation. If you have been injured in any type of accident in which you believe someone else was at fault then we strongly urge you to contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 for your free legal consultation as soon as possible.