6 Steps to Take After Being Involved in a Truck Accident in California

If you have been involved in a truck accident then you already know how serious these accidents can be. Big Rigs weigh thousands of pounds and are difficult to stop. If you are ever involved in a truck accident then we urge you to follow these six steps. Do not forget to contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 for a free legal consultation.

  1. Get medical attention

  2. First and foremost, talk to a doctor and get a full examination. If you are seriously injured then you should call for an ambulance from the scene of the accident. Even if it feels as though the injury is minor, you should still visit your doctor to ensure you are safe. There are some injuries, such as brain injuries and internal injuries, that are not always immediately obvious.

  3. Ensure the police are involved

  4. If there was more than $1,000 in property damage and / or someone was injured in the accident, then the police must be called. They will take an accident report that will detail what happened. This is not only required by law but is important to have for your personal injury case.

  5. Take photographs

  6. If you are not seriously injured at the scene of the accident, take some time to get pictures of the scene. Get the damage, injuries, etc. Work to get shots from several angles. Take pictures of anything that may be relevant, such as skid marks.

  7. Get as much information as possible

  8. Talk to the other involved parties but do not give your interpretation of what happened. Do not admit fault. Get the names and phone numbers of all witnesses and passengers. Talk to any other involved drivers to get their insurance information as well. It can be nearly impossible to get information once you have left the scene so we recommend getting what you can at the scene.

  9. Do not mess with the scene

  10. If possible, leave your car right where it was until the police get to the accident. This allows them to accurately interpret what happened. You can move your vehicle if it is in a dangerous place or to free up the road so other vehicles can pass.

  11. Get a free case evaluation

  12. If you suffered any type of injury, or had your property damaged at all, then you need the professional assistance of a personal injury attorney. Call The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 to get a free legal consultation. We will go over the basics of what happened. Once we understand your side of the story and the available evidence, we can advise you on what your options are.

If you do decide to move forward with a lawsuit, note that we will take your case on a contingency basis. This means that you will not pay a cent until we win your case – and if we do not win your case then you do not pay.