About the Law Firm:
The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker is home to a vibrant, diverse and compassionate community.
We strongly believe in educating students of communities in Southern California, as well as across the country and the world. The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker know that the support and development of youth in California will help ensure a bright and positive future for our community.
Please do not call the law firm asking for more information regarding the scholarship. If you need to contact us, please do so by email at Scholarship@Larryhparker.com
- What are the positive and negative effects of social media? Which platform do you spend most of your time on and why?
Thank you to all the students who submitted their videos and essays for the 2020 Larry H. Parker Community Scholarship Program.
Click here to see the winners →
In order to apply, candidates must be either a:
- Senior in High School; or
- A first or second year college or trade school student.
- Have a minimum GPA requirement of 2.7.
Official Rules & Guidelines:
- Candidates must submit and complete the application package through The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker website
- Candidates must compose an original essay or video with limited guidance from others
- Candidates must have a 2.7 GPA or higher
- Candidates must “Like” the Larry H. Parker Facebook Page & “Share” the official Scholarship Link
- Candidates should follow the Larry H. Parker Instagram page, YouTube Channel and Snapchat to see the announcement regarding the winners
Essay & Video Submission Guidelines:
- Essays must contain at least 250 words. Every word of the essay is counted. This does not include the title.
- Video submission must be no more than 4 minutes. Any videos longer than 4 minutes will not be considered.
Judging and Recognition Procedure:
- Judging will be completed by a panel of qualified attorneys as well as the official Larry H. Parker Scholarship Chair.
- Judging will be based upon the candidate’s entry criteria fulfillments and their ability to demonstrate clearly and concisely his or her goals after receiving this scholarship.
- All candidates must use the monetary scholarship award for academic tuition.
- Trade School
- California Junior College
- California Community College
- Cal State University
- 2 Year Associate Degree University
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree University
Awards and Recognition Procedure
- The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker Community Scholarship is a onetime monetary scholarship award
- Once winners have been selected, the monetary scholarship award will given to the student directly.
- If an awardee is unable to attend schooling for any reason, he or she must be able to provide documentation proving why he or she is unable to attend.
- If that is the case, the monetary scholarship award will remain on hold for up to one full year until he or she is able to provide proof of enrollment at any of the above institutions.
- If an awardee is unable to claim the monetary scholarship award within one full year, The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker can award it to one of the other winners at its discretion.
- Candidates who are offered The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker Community Scholarship must agree to the terms and conditions listed in order to receive the scholarship.
- Announcements regarding the winners of the Community Scholarship Award will be posted to The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker Website, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat Accounts.
- Applicants will also receive an email verifying if they have been chosen to receive this award.
- A small reception and luncheon will be held in June. The partners of The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker and the Scholarship Chair will present the awards to the recipients. The Scholarship Chair will provide you with more information regarding this reception after the winners are announced.
Deadline to Apply:
Check back for details on the 2021 Community Scholarship at the end of this year.